Within Walking Distance
We have a hiking trail to the East Rim Overlook at Leonard-Harrison State Park. From there you can hike to the bottom of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
Within a Short Drive
Rails-to-Trails follows Pine Creek through the canyon for approximately 63 miles. All of which may be walked or ridden on bicycle. Darling Run access area is within a few miles of the campground. Make a trek to gorgeous Lake Hammond and enjoy the Tioga County countryside.
Pine Creek Outfitters: Outdoor adventures, guided rafting, bicycle and shuttle rentals, canoe and kayak rentals, and more. We rent first-class equipment and provide personal service to each customer.Pine Creek Outfitters has been family-owned since 1984. We are open everyday of the week, will work long hours, and make everything as easy and convenient as possible for you, the customer. We genuinely want you to have a quality outdoor experience every time you visit.
Canyon Cruises: Enjoy boating & bicycling through “Pennsylvania’s Grand Canyon”. We rent rafts, kayaks, canoes, bicycles, and all sorts of accessories for any trip you are looking for. Enjoy the quiet flat-water on the upper Pine for the young family or the kicked-back type. If you adventurous, tackle the rapids of the Grand Canyon. Transportation and shuttles are also available — even if you don’t rent anything from us!
Pine Creek Bike Rides: Different bicycle rides around the area.
Wagon Rides: Come take a tour with us through the wondrous Pennsylvania Grand Canyon on a horse drawn covered wagon. The tour guides are fluent in the history of the Canyon going back to the 19th century.
Horseback Riding: For the more adventuresome there is horseback riding, either near the canyon or the mountains. We take great pride in our horses and in our beautiful country. Explore the spectacular scenery of “Canyon Country”
Pennsylvania’s Fish & Boat Commission: Fish Pine Creek or any nearby lake. Visit for PA Fish & Boat Commission for regulations and licensing information.
Tioga Railroad: If you would like to sit back and enjoy the view of our countryside you need to take the train ride with it’s open air observation car. They offer excursion or dinner rides.
Pennsylvania Lumber Museum: Home to thousands of objects ranging from prehistoric stone tools to a variety of twentieth century chain saws. Interactive exhibits allow visitors to simulate activities such as swinging an ax, sawing a tree, piloting a log raft, and racing locomotives.
Marsh Creek Wetlands, The Muck: Be sure to visit the new Wildlife and Bird Observation Blind, a project of the Tiadaghton Audubon Society. The Blind is located 300 feet into the center of the marsh at the end of a trail and boardwalk. The Blind is open year-round and is handicap-accessible. It is possible to see beaver, river otter, mink, black bear, and bobcat.
Endless Mountain H.O.G.: For the motorcycle enthusiast?
Highland Chocolates: Take a tour of our chocolate making place-Highland Chocolates is owned and operated by Partners In Progress, Inc. Partners In Progress “PIP” is a non-profit 501(c)(3) and is located in Mansfield, Pennsylvania. PIP is committed to people with disabilities to develop and implement vocational, residential and social activities to improve the quality of life for all within our communities.
Arcadia Theater (The Old Theater in Wellsboro) is a 4 screen movie house and performing arts space located right on Main Street in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Featuring state of the art digital projection, the latest films and live theatrical productions, the Arcadia Theatre has been a cornerstone of the downtown since 1921 and continues to be the most popular source for entertainment in Tioga County.
Draper Bee Apiary: Retail Honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, propolis, bee supplies and more.
Miller’s Maple: Award winning maple products from Pennsylvania.
Patterson Farms: For three generations the Patterson family has been producing Maple Syrup, it was almost 100 years ago that Grandpa Patterson first tapped his trees.
Tyoga Country Club: Open to the public and is the premiere golf course in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Golf Digest has given this beautiful, scenic course four stars.
Oregon Hill Winery: Enjoy the scenic drive through the picturesque mountains of north central Pennsylvania to the village of Oregon Hill and discover our award winning wines. The Winery is located 18 miles south of Wellsboro.
Pennsylvania’s Route 6: Motorcycle Rides… Who knew the American Dream was just down the road! National Geographic calls this “One of America’s Most Scenic Drives.” Harley Davidson calls it “Pennsylvania’s Best Touring Route.”
- Corning Glass Museum: Contains over 40000 objects representing 3500 years of glass and glassmaking from Egyptian to 20th century. Collections, exhibitions, education. Make your own glass while there.
- Kinzua Sky Walk: A spectacular walkway that once again allows the public to “Walk the Tracks Across the Sky.”
- PA Lumber Museum: Visitors are encouraged to explore the museum’s working historic saw mill, recreated lumber camp, exhibits, public programs and collections to discover the relevance of history in their lives.
- Elk Herd: Premier elk viewing and conservation education facility with 4D theater, interactive exhibits, live forest cams, horse-drawn wagon rides, gift shop and much more.
- Soaring Museum and National Warplane Museum: Preserves and presents the heritage of motorless flight, and promotes through education, a greater knowledge of soaring, aeronautics, and related physical sciences for everyone.
- Rockwell Museum: Awesome art activities for kids! The Rockwell Museum makes it easy to get out of the house and into meaningful family fun.
- Cherry Springs State Park: Due to its exceptionally dark skies, Cherry Springs State Park is one of the best places on the eastern seaboard for stargazing and the science of astronomy, which is the study and observation of planets, nebulae, galaxies, stars and other heavenly bodies.